Sacred Groves is no ordinary construction site. You don’t need previous construction experience to work here. We are a vibrant and international group of volunteers, Architecture interns and laborers, all working together as a team and and learning from each other in the process. Our own personal growth is an important element of the project.
As a volunteer you will –
- Learn construction skills on-the-job
- Learn about sustainable construction and Eco technologies
- Be encouraged to take initiative and responsibility
- Have the freedom and flexibility to express your skills, ideas and creativity through our programme of ‘micro projects’
- Have fun meeting and working with people from all around the world
Our working hours are fixed as per the time of the year but, in all seasons we are early risers. We work a good 9 hours everyday, including two breaks, Monday through Friday.
At the moment our working hours are from 06:30 AM – 03:30 PM, We break for breakfast and lunch at 09:30 AM and 01:30 PM. Both breaks are for 45 mins.
We ask for a minimum commitment of 4 weeks (after a one-week trial).
In return for your time and good energy, Sacred Groves will give you –
- Tea/milk and cookies,Breakfast, refreshments and lunch
- Some simple dormitory-style accommodation based on vacancies.
- A SAVI card (if you volunteer for a minimum 2 months) which gives you various discounts in Auroville and also a waiver of the daily Guest Contribution.
If you are interested in volunteering, Write to us at:
and We’ll get back to you!